Strange observations, weird thoughts, and snarky rebuttals are the domain of Mutoids — Mutant Reviewers’ notated journey through the film of the week. So what did we notice about American Ninja?
- This movie really, really needs an establishing text, because I have no idea where it starts out. Wikipedia says Philippines, and who am I to argue?
- Brooding loner with fancy butterfly knife skills… we have our lead!
- Hackeysack is the official pasttime of the US Army
- Army base doesn’t have its own airport, but must form a protective convoy just to get a single person to her flight.
- The opening theme is so dang hyper — especially with that trumpet — that it cracks me up