Since its inception in 1997, Mutant Reviewers has never been a solo project — rather, it’s been an amazing collaboration of perspectives, voices, and viewpoints from movie geeks from around the world. And as part of the site’s 2020 revival, we are looking to expanding our pool of writing talent.
In short? We need some new writers to join us vets in this grand venture!
What we’re looking for:
- Cult movie enthusiasts who truly love bad, weird, odd or unknown flicks — and constantly seek them out
- Talented writers who can work a spellcheck, write in a unique voice, and show a sense of humor
- Responsible individuals who can contribute at least two posts a month, minimum
What you get:
- No pay! Whatsoever! This is a collaborative project of love.
- The immense sense of satisfaction that your reviews are read by hundreds of people every day.
- To be part of one of the best teams of writers on the internet.
- To pick (within reason!) your own movies and topics to cover.
How to apply:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Mutant Reviewers Application”
- In the email, include a brief bio about you and the types of movies you like, a sample review of a cult film, and one other sample of your writing (anything you’ve done before, including other reviews).
A few quick tips:
- Don’t be afraid to develop your own “voice” — you don’t have to try to mimic us, just be yourself!
- Please try to pay attention to spelling and grammar
- You can review new movies/TV shows or ones we’ve already covered in the past.